Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Gettysburg Paranormal - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 06:23 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
21st Post
Regina

Mana: 

Hope you can see what I'm talking about--look to the right of the cannon--along the tree-line (there was nothing there when I took the photo)

Attachment: at Eternal Peace Light looking west.jpg (Downloaded 79 times)

Posted: Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 06:25 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
22nd Post
Regina

Mana: 

Well, when you look at the original picture, you can see it much better---looking at the way it came out on the posting, it's VERY hard to see the "smokey blob", but I would mail a copy of the original to anyone who wants to see it

Posted: Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 06:28 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
23rd Post
Regina

Mana: 

Not one person was smoking when this was taken--no campfires, etc.  There was nothing there when I took the picture to cause the "smoke", or "mist," and nothing on any of the other pictures I took either, so it's very interesting

Attachment: Cashtown Inn 6-30-07.jpg (Downloaded 83 times)

Posted: Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 07:02 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
24th Post
Regina

Mana: 

Here's my attempt to give you a better look

Attachment: close-up.jpg (Downloaded 82 times)

Posted: Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 07:35 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
25th Post
minuteman2

Mana: 

Cool picture of the re-enactors in front of the building with the drums in the foreground. Hmmm...perhaps the spirits of those passed were grouping to join the re-enactors thinking troops were preparing for another "battle".

I certainly wouldn't dismiss it as smoke. The building appears to be historical...any history?

Last edited on Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 07:39 pm by minuteman2

Posted: Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 07:36 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
26th Post
minuteman2

Mana: 

In the cannons in the field photo, I do see something.  I enlarged it greatly, but it's still not clear what it is.  If it's an image, it's not standing erect, but seems to be bending over something.  Can't make it out.

Last edited on Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 07:37 pm by minuteman2

Posted: Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 07:54 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
27th Post
minuteman2

Mana: 

This photo was taken at the "Haunted Stream" in downtown  Gettysburg.

Posted: Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 09:19 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
28th Post
minuteman2

Mana: 

Susan...I've read a little about the Drum Barracks in Wilmington, CA.  Actually, the town I live in is also Wilmington.  I've got to get my brother to go there; he lives in Pasadena and has a mild interest in the Civil War.  I send him related books from time-to-time and I know his wife often adds to his library.

This past Christmas, I sent him something I've been wanting to read, but haven't gotten around to it, entitled "Lincoln's Sanctuary: Abraham Lincoln and the Soldiers' Home by Matthew Pinsker.

Off subject...sorry.  No chance you can "sneak a few pics" so we, on the East Coast can view them?  Come on...have a heart.  

Posted: Tue Mar 3rd, 2009 04:57 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
29th Post
jeffand

Mana: 

I definitely believe that there are paranormal beings at Gettysburg. Standing on Cemetery Ridge, I could hear sounds of the battle.  I mentioned this phenomemon to my (ex)wife and she just laughed at me!

Last edited on Tue Mar 3rd, 2009 04:59 pm by jeffand

Posted: Tue Mar 3rd, 2009 05:11 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
30th Post
minuteman2

Mana: 

Jeff...I know what you mean. When I was doing a drive-around on the back roads encompassing the Battlefields, I heard the distinct sounds of cannon fire, several times.  I tried to drive towards it but couldn't locate where it was originating from.  To my knowledge there were no events taking place that day, so the cannon fire was completely weird.

Posted: Tue Mar 3rd, 2009 11:47 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
31st Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

Hubby and one of our sons took the ghost tour at night in Key West. There is a school that burned many years ago trapping many children inside and killing them. The guide told everyone that this is said to be one of the "most haunted" spots in Key West.

Hubby took some photos of the gates. This is true. Though he and my son saw nothing untoward at the time, when they looked at the photos later there were several small orbs near the gate! :shock: We all ponder over this photo.  I just shudder to think of how those poor children must have died.

Posted: Wed Mar 4th, 2009 08:28 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
32nd Post
minuteman2

Mana: 

It would have been interesting to see the photo. Any chance you can post it here?

Posted: Wed Mar 4th, 2009 12:22 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
33rd Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

If I could figure out how to post a digital photo here, I would post all of the series Hubby took of the haunted place. There are different sized orbs and they move from photo to photo. Their appearance is roughly like someone had blown bubbles, but they are softer and more luminous. Some are in front of the gate and some behind.

Posted: Thu Mar 5th, 2009 12:59 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
34th Post
minuteman2

Mana: 

You have to first upload to a photo website like "photobucket".  They'll walk you through step-by-step...it's easy.  This is where you'll store your photos for future posting, emails, creating albums, etc.

Once you upload your photos and choose which ones to post, you simply "copy" the link to the photo indicated under the photo in photobucket, and your photo will be displayed.

The "insert image" feature at the far right of the message screen will prompt you to enter the link which you copied and will then simply "paste".  Voila!  Now everyone can see them.  I'm not an expert and hope this amateur attempt at explaining how to post photos is not confusing to you.

Posted: Thu Mar 5th, 2009 01:09 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
35th Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

Now all I have to do is figure out how to upload the photo to Photo Bucket. but I want to learn that was one of my New Year's resolutions. Thanks your for helping me out.

Posted: Fri Mar 6th, 2009 03:29 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
36th Post
ShadowHunter
Lurker

Mana: 

sunnylady408 wrote:  She says that she felt a hand on her shoulder. As she was running to me at the doghouse she said it happened again but that time she felt two hands on her.  In some of the pictures there are orbs, in most just a one or two but the picture I have of Christina there are lots around her. She was not feeling well and she says they were there to protect her and enjoy the music. Since this time she sees more and more of the spirits (if that is what you want to call them) whenever we go to Prairie Grove. Christina is 14 yrs old and way to old to make something like this up. She gets nervous when you mention another walk at night around the battlefields.

Sunnylady408 - seems like Christina may be somewhat "sensitive" to spirits. I also have a 14 year old daughter who seems to be a spirit magnet where ever we go. Two years ago we investigated the Burlington County Prison Museum in Mt. Holly NJ - it was part of a private investigation I arranged as a different kind of birthday party for my son and his friends.  It was a very active evening and my daughter was getting verbal and physical responses from a "girl child" spirit including a pinch or stab to the back of her neck (she was wearing a pony tail). I have pictures of the red welt right after she was touched and will try to find and post it later.  I also have some recordings of the "child" answering some of her questions to make her presence known.  It was a VERY COOL birthday outing! However, Abigail is now somewhat nervous about being touched again. 

Posted: Fri Mar 6th, 2009 08:47 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
37th Post
minuteman2

Mana: 

I posted a possible paranormal photo earlier but I posted it on the wrong thread.  Here it is for consideration and feedback.  This image was captured by my outdoor motion-activated camera and appears to be high up in the trees.  ???

Posted: Fri Mar 6th, 2009 08:52 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
38th Post
ShadowHunter
Lurker

Mana: 

Wow.  That is awsome.  Definately looks like a person walking though the trees. :shock:  Were you in an area where something happened?  Like a battle or something?

Posted: Fri Mar 6th, 2009 09:51 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
39th Post
minuteman2

Mana: 

No...actually it's on my property.  I've been researching to see if there was ever an old, abandoned cemetery or graveyard in this area, but our local archeology department has no record of anything.  I'm still researching.

Posted: Mon Mar 9th, 2009 03:24 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
40th Post
sunnylady408
Lady Reenactor

Mana: 

ShadowHunter,

It happened again this weekend. We participated in the 147th Anniversary of the Battle of Pea Ridge. Christina decided to take some pictures at night to see if anything would appear. She came back almost in tears. She showed me pictures she had taken of Elkhorn Tavern and there are orbs all over the place. I asked her what scared her and she said she could see the battle happening and the men being shot. She was afraid to go to the tent without someone with her and she had some trouble falling asleep. I told her that she has a special gift and most do not have and I do my best to support her and be there for her. I know some do not believe in these things but I can tell when she is making these things up and I can tell you she is not. I will try to post the pictures as soon as I can download them this week.

Current time is 01:22 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2308 seconds (18% database + 82% PHP). 27 queries executed.