Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

New Member - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Apr 21st, 2009 05:50 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
buckeyecavalier

Mana: 

Greetings All,
 I am new to the board. My name is Tom Callaway, a longtime student of the Civil War. I spent 5 years reenacting and have been an avid historian. I have been a member of the SCV , membership claimed based upon the service of my Great Great Great Uncle Major General JEB Stuart.  My area of interest lies in the Western Theater and I have spent many days at the battlefields in TN, GA and MS. I now live in Ohio and as you can imagine the availability of Confederate info is small, however it has been interesting to see the war in the west from the other side. I am eager to active on the list.

Posted: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 12:25 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Devils Den

Mana: 

Welcome to the group!

Posted: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 03:39 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
j harold 587

Mana: 

Welcome to the Buckeye state. Where were you living before? Although there are not alot of Confederate points of intrest here there are many points of intrest regarding Morgan's raid here in SW Ohio. I have not found it, but there is a Confederate cemetary in Columbus that were POWs who died while incarcerated at the state penetentary.  Also Johnsons Island where there was a POW camp.  You may want to try to find the friends of Johnsons Island web site. At one time they could set you up for a day to actually do some excavation on the achiological dig that is going on there.  You will find that there are many knowledgeable, helpfull, and freindly fokes here. 

Posted: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 03:43 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
j harold 587

Mana: 

I forgot to add I just found a fater and son who served in the 12th Va. calvary who are my relatives. The father was a cousin of my G Grandfather who served in the 145th OVI. They enlisted togeather and served through out the war.

Current time is 04:21 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1457 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 25 queries executed.