Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

new member - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Sep 13th, 2009 10:18 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Maverick
45th Alabama Inf., Co. F

Mana: 

Hello, everyone. I've been very interested in the War Between the States since I was 5. My mother made me a Confederate uniform for ceremonies during the 1961 Civil War Centennial and took me to several events. After that something took over and I'm still going strong on my reading.

My primary interest initially was the Eastern Theater and Lee's Army of Northern Virginia. This changed eventually and my prime interest includes the battles of the Western Theater, The Confederate Army of Tennessee and Mississippi. I've located Confederate cavalry ancestors in the Trans-Mississippi department, including Texas and Arkansas.  

I had many ancestors in the Confederate armies. My great-great-grandfather was a private in Gen. P.R. Cleburne's division and was mortally wounded in battle. Another ancestor is reported to be the CS soldier photographed in Brady's famous work "Dead Confederate Sharpshooter" at Gettysburg, surname Adair. (the ID of the soldier has been under much scrutiny and there is another camp of theory to the soldier's ID ) There were many, many more in Georgia and Alabama regiments.  

My favorite General of the war is Patrick Cleburne. My favorite battles to study are Perryville, Murfreesboro, and Chickamauga.

I'll consider most criticisms of my Confederate ancestors except one: :) the charge of Confederate private soldiers and/or officers alike being traitors to the U.S. 

Civil War Interactive looks to be a good place to chat and I look forward to it.

Maverick         

Posted: Sun Sep 13th, 2009 11:37 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Welcome to the board Maverick. Hope you enjoy!

Posted: Tue Sep 15th, 2009 10:42 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Maverick
45th Alabama Inf., Co. F

Mana: 

Much appreciated, javal. Thank you for the welcome.

Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2009 07:36 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Old Sorrel

Mana: 

Hello yellowhammer,

Good to see ya here pal.

Posted: Thu Sep 17th, 2009 04:06 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Maverick
45th Alabama Inf., Co. F

Mana: 

It's good to see you here, too, Bucktail. Thanks for the invite and please send my best regards to the family. :D

Current time is 09:52 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3374 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 26 queries executed.