Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Civil War News Publisher Passes Away - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Sep 26th, 2009 09:13 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Folks,

With great sadness, we have to report that we just received the below. Our thoughts go out to Mr. Jorgensen's family. For those who don't know, he was the publisher (and I believe founder) of Civil War News :

C. Peter Jorgensen of Tunbridge, Vermont died Sept. 25 of cancer at age 68. His funeral will be Saturday, Oct. 3, at noon at the Tunbridge Church followed by a burial service and Pete's Party, both at his Monarch Hill Road home, to which all are invited. The committal ceremony will be reminiscent of the annual Tunbridge Memorial Day service in which Jorgensen participated until this year. It will include music by the Constitution Brass Quintet, firing squad, the release of white doves and cannons fired by the Vermont Civil War Hemlocks. Buffet lunch will be served after which friends will be invited to share reminiscences.

Posted: Sun Sep 27th, 2009 06:35 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
azpictures

Mana: 

He will be dearly missed. The publication he and Kay put out is top notch and does so much for the Civil War community. May he rest in peace.

Posted: Sun Sep 27th, 2009 02:48 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
TimK

Mana: 

I'm so sorry to hear this. I always respected him and thought his work was top notch. Although I never spoke with him, I will miss him. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Current time is 05:53 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2987 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 25 queries executed.