Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Greetings! - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Oct 21st, 2009 10:42 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
maccars
SCV Camp 265

Mana: 

Salutations from the Great State of Mississippi!

I am a long-time Civil War buff and amature historian, and was recommended to this august group by a friend who shares my passion for this particular time in our history.

I've attended and graduated two major universities in my state, and try to put that education to good use researching and enlightening folks about the various Mississippi regiments that distinguished themselves in the late War of Northern Agression.

There is an exception to my following native units; my great, great-grandfather was the First Sergant of Company A, 37th Texas (Terrell's) Cavalry which participated in the glorious Southern victory near Mansfield, Louisiana in April, 1864.

I look forward to sharing and learning from all of you in the coming months and years.  And - if you have a Mississippi unit question . . . I know the guy who has the answer!.

Last edited on Wed Oct 21st, 2009 10:53 pm by maccars

Posted: Thu Oct 22nd, 2009 04:56 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
LU Student

Mana: 

Hey there maccars,

I don't think I got a question on Mississippi units for you but I'm from Virginia and if you got any VA unit questions, let me know!:D

Current time is 08:13 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3086 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 26 queries executed.