Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Sooo...What did ya get? - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Dec 26th, 2010 05:04 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Well, tommorrow I go into the hospital, but I wanted something good to read on the laptop while I'm there. So...what did everyone get for Christmas. Since I'm being nosy, I'll start. I wanted kitchen gadgets, so I'm happy:
  • A very cool digital food prccessor with a 600 amp motor (eat your heart out Tim Taylor!)
  • A Seal-A Meal, which are much improved since the last one I owned. There's two of us, but I always seem to cook for 8. Much needed for leftovers.
  • A George Foreman family size inddor grill.
  • A new watch
  • Civilisation 5 PC game
  • Assortment of cheese from around the world.
  • An assortment of exotic bacon - a new one each month.
  • A Stephen King collection (yes, I like Stephen King, stop laughing!)
So I'm a happy troll - how about you?

Posted: Mon Dec 27th, 2010 02:33 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Mark

Mana: 

Javal, Civ V will keep you occupied while you are laid up! I just got it last month and it is a great game. I've played all of them starting with the original!

But as to your question... I asked for books and I got lots of them! My favorites are "Manifest Destinies" by Steven Woodworth, "The Federalist/Anti-Federalist Papers," "Democracy in America," and "The Civil War of 1812" by Alan Taylor. Those should keep me occupied for the next few months. Hope you are back on your feet soon!

-Mark

Posted: Mon Dec 27th, 2010 12:30 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
j harold 587

Mana: 

A custom made Bible cover to help me with my chaplain impression.

Posted: Tue Dec 28th, 2010 12:00 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

clothes, shoes, curling iron, jewelry, all the things a lady could want!

Posted: Tue Dec 28th, 2010 04:37 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
9Bama

Mana: 

A kindle.
I think I am really gonna like it

Posted: Wed Dec 29th, 2010 03:43 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
pamc153PA

Mana: 

I got "Lee and His High Command" lecture series by Gary Gallagher from The Teaching Company. Just watched the first one today--kind of basic, but then again, anything CW is good, in my book! Should be more indepth later on when he talks about individual commanders.

Otherwise, I got a bunch of gift cards, some wine, and a tablecloth made in France (Provence), some jewelry, and chocolate from Switzerland. I also managed to get everything done that I had to get done, and done well and without major glitches, so that's a gift, in itself! Now I can just chill until school starts up again on January 3!

Stephen King, international cheeses and exotic bacon. . . there's a connection there, somewhere, Joe!

Posted: Thu Dec 30th, 2010 09:43 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

I got a gift card for Barnes and Nobel and that was pretty much it....unless you count the horrendous case of bronchitis I woke up with on Christmas morning LOL!

Posted: Tue Jan 4th, 2011 04:47 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

Big computer year for me. I got a laptop as an early birthday present (it's a little over a week before Christmas and I got the laptop over a month before my birthday) then just about three quarters of wht I got for Christmas ended up being laptop related. For Christmas got:
  • A carry case for the laptop
  • A four port USB hub
  • A wireless optical mouse
  • External speakers
  • An MP3 (which my sister figured I could load songs from the laptop onto it)
  • Internet security software, a compute game
  • A Snoopy giftcard (ok, BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT; forget about it being a giftcard Snoopy's on it! Still gotta find out how much it's worth though)
  • $100 bill
  • Civil War Recipes edited by Lily May Spaulding and John Spaulding
I've used the $100 to get a few things already. A DVD of one of my favorite TV series, Beyond Band of Brothers by Major  Richard "Dick" Winters with Colonel Cole C. Kingseed and Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends by William "Wild Bill" Guarnere and Edward "Babe" Heffron. Got interested in the men of E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne through the miniseries and have been slowly collecting books on them. Already had Larry Alexander's biography on Winters and Marlarkey's Easy Company Soldier, kinda prefer reading about them in their own words.

Posted: Fri Jan 7th, 2011 01:29 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
Albert Sailhorst

Mana: 

We got 2 laptops for me, my wife & son to use....Plus, got internet connection! So, I can keep up a little better with CWI!!!

I also just recieved some CW books that I ordered from Edward R. Hamilton Bookseller ( I got 5 books, with shipping, for under $20!!!).

My wife got me a "Mix a Six" six pack of imported beers and a really cool Day-by-Day Civil War desk calendar. My Dad got me a CD from the Prairie County Avengers of Gospel songs from the War of Southern Independance ( which I Love)!!)

A few years ago, my Dad got us the George Foreman indoor family grill (it is big enough that it has a stand!!) and I LOVE it!!!

Javal, we wish you the best and you're in our prayers!!!

Current time is 09:42 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3751 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 26 queries executed.