Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

NY Times discusses the Civil War - Civil War News/ Press Releases - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Feb 2nd, 2011 06:09 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Michael F. Blake

Mana: 

The New York Times has started, in their opinion page section, a series of commentaries called DISUNION discussing various subjects about the Civil War.

I have read only a few of them, but found them to be interesting.  Here's the link:

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/category/disunion/

Posted: Sat Feb 5th, 2011 10:50 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

I've been reading these New York Times pieces about the Civil War for about a month now. They are so interesting to me because most of them deal with unusual and offbeat facets of Civil War life.

Posted: Sun Aug 14th, 2011 02:07 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
skyspinner

Mana: 

Great link, thanks for posting!

Posted: Sun Aug 14th, 2011 07:17 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

Lincoln certainly wasn't the most impressive sight, but why do I get the impression that Prince Napoleon Joseph Charles Paul Bonaparte impression of him had as much to do with the fact that he was kept waiting as it does with Lincoln's actual physical appearance. Course from the sounds of things Lincoln wasn't exactly expecting the visit so it sounds as much like the wait was to try and scrounge up something for Lincoln to wear in order to greet the prince as it was anything else.

Interesting stuff, Michael. Not terribly surprised at seeing The New York Times Complaete Civil War 1861 - 1865 being advertised on the pages I've checked out. Gotta wonder if this is in part an effort to sell the book and what's been posted is some of what's in it. May have to check my local Borders and see if they still have a copy. With their going out of buisness sale it may make it a little more affordable for me at the moment.

Current time is 05:32 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1462 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 25 queries executed.