Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Miss. Forrest License Plate - N.B. Forrest - The Participants of the War - Mikitary & Civilian - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Feb 11th, 2011 03:13 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Albert Sailhorst

Mana: 

I know that this will open terrible controversy, and I hope that the discussion is civil. By no means do I intend disrespect to anyone......However, I am tired of various groups singling out Nathan Bedford Forrest. It appears that some groups lay at his feet the entire blame for fostering hatred and racism. Personally, I feel he has been singled out as much, or more, as Hery Wirtz was singled out and bore the guilt all alone.....

In any event, here is ny opinion:

The NAACP hates Forrest…….He was “Grand Wizard” of an organization that evolved into one that espouses hate, but, he left when it became violent, condeming it as he left……

If the NAACP and other revisionists want to crucify Forrest, and quite possibly, other Confederat leaders, please re-read your history and accept the fact that slavery existed longer under the American flag than it ever did under the Confederate States flag……

Personally, I think the NAACP should capitalize on the fact, and be proud of the fact, that black people helped build this nation in an enourmous way before the Civil War, instead of crying about being slaves; as slaves assisted in building this country as much as the Chineese, Irish, Germans, etc.

If they did this with pride instead of spewing hate and fostering a division between white and black people, I should think they'd get more respect instead of furthering race-relations.....No, it's easier for them to point the finger at Southerners than it is to be proud of building a nation......

Posted: Fri Feb 11th, 2011 11:28 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Mark

Mana: 

I'd like to propose a compromise... the NAACP supports their NB Forrest license plate and SCV supports my idea for a 51st USCT (formerly 1st Mississippi Colored Infantry) license plate. Everyone happy?

Mark

Last edited on Fri Feb 11th, 2011 11:29 am by Mark

Posted: Fri Feb 11th, 2011 12:03 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Albert Sailhorst

Mana: 

Mark,

Excellent idea!!!.....I think the point of the 150th Celebrations is to instill pride among ALL Americans.....not cause divisions amongst us. I would support your idea!!

Posted: Fri Feb 11th, 2011 02:42 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Old Blu

Mana: 

Virginia has had this for a long time.

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/exec/vehicle/splates/info.asp?idnm=SCV

Posted: Tue Oct 18th, 2011 09:51 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
pender

Mana: 

N.C. has too.

Last edited on Fri Oct 21st, 2011 07:31 pm by pender

Posted: Wed Oct 19th, 2011 03:18 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

Albert Sailhorst wrote: Mark,

Excellent idea!!!.....I think the point of the 150th Celebrations is to instill pride among ALL Americans.....not cause divisions amongst us. I would support your idea!!

I think it's supposed to be that way, but I fear it's already being used for the exact opposite.

Last edited on Wed Oct 19th, 2011 03:18 am by Hellcat

Posted: Wed Oct 19th, 2011 11:59 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
Mark

Mana: 

Did the decision makers in Mississippi ever come to a decision on the matter? I have yet to see any state with a USCT license plate.

Mark

Current time is 04:39 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2022 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 27 queries executed.