Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Genealogy > Help Looking for an individual > need help on blood of line of Robert E. Lee

need help on blood of line of Robert E. Lee - Help Looking for an individual - Genealogy - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Mar 12th, 2011 06:40 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
pvtchristopher

Mana: 

I have some blood that goes back to Robert E. Lee but I have a hole that I can not fill in from my great great great grandfather and then the hole and then Robert E. Lee so can some one help me I have looked all over the place but no dice

Posted: Sat Mar 12th, 2011 02:13 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Texas Defender

Mana: 

pvtchristopher-

It isn't difficult to find the list of Robert E. Lee's descendants online. Here is one:

http://www.stratfordhall.org/images/reltree.gif

This Stratford Hall site will also give you information on the earlier Lees of Virginia. The first was Robert E. Lee's GGG GF, Richard Lee (1616-1653). He was born in Worcherstershire, England and died in Northumberland County, Virginia. Its possible to follow the paternal line of Robert E. Lee back to the 15th century in Shropshire, England.

Last edited on Sat Mar 12th, 2011 02:58 pm by Texas Defender

Posted: Sat Mar 12th, 2011 02:57 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
pvtchristopher

Mana: 

I am looking for a member that was a black sheep of his fother or some thing here is the name I have but can't find any thing before it that is were the hole is the name is John Richard Lee his GG Grandmother was born in MD. in 1882 if any one can can help me here. I am looking to join S.C.V. with info.

Posted: Tue Mar 15th, 2011 02:01 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

TD's link is better than what I was going to scan. Was going to scan the Custis-Lee Geneology out of The Robert E. Lee Family Cooking and Housekeeping Book. But that tree ends with Anne Carter Zimmer (nee Ely) and "1 other child." The only thing I can add is some birthdates not listed on TD's link. But I'm afraid it doesn't list a John Richard Lee either.

Current time is 03:29 am
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Genealogy > Help Looking for an individual > need help on blood of line of Robert E. Lee

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3119 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 26 queries executed.