Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > The Lounge > Idle Chit-Chat > National DC 1/2 and Full Marathon

National DC 1/2 and Full Marathon - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Mar 22nd, 2011 12:13 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Doc Ce

Mana: 

Wish me luck, I'm doing the National 1/2 Marathon this weekend in DC. 1st time running this, 4th 1/2 marathon in a year. Quess I'm addicted. Should be a great course, around the capitol, mall, white house, etc. Hopefully will be able to do the Marine Corp full marathon in Oct.

Doc C

Posted: Tue Mar 22nd, 2011 01:45 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
TimK

Mana: 

Good luck, Doc! Have a specific time in mind?

Posted: Tue Mar 22nd, 2011 01:53 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Doc Ce

Mana: 

I'm pretty slow, maybe that's why haven't been injured in this stretch of running. Did the Mardi Gras 1/2 down in NO last month in 2:48, PR by 11 minutes from my last. I like the longer distances because it's not so much about time but just get into a comfortable groove and enjoy it. Don't know the course I would be happy to finish in the 2:40's. Thanks.

Doc C

Last edited on Tue Mar 22nd, 2011 01:54 pm by Doc Ce

Posted: Wed Mar 23rd, 2011 04:24 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Fuller
E Pluribus Unum

Mana: 

Good for you! I bow down to anyone who runs marathons. I enjoy little 5Ks here are there. Running is great meditation!

Long may you run :)

Posted: Wed Mar 23rd, 2011 06:06 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Doc Ce

Mana: 

Fuller

A 1/2 a bow will do. I'm only doing the 1/2 Marathon Saturday. This June will start my training for the Marine Corp Marathon (sold out in 28hrs - 30,000 people) Every time I cross the 1/2 marathon finish I have a "Thank you Jesus moment, thank you Jesus I don't have to go 13.1 more miles". Trained for fulls before but became injured during the training. I'm older, slower and perhaps smarter this time, we shall see. Keep up your running, as the saying goes - 1st mile for the heart, the rest for the head.

Doc C

Posted: Fri Mar 25th, 2011 12:34 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
pamc153PA

Mana: 

Good luck, Doc! I don't run unless I absolutely have to (tho I do like to hike), so my hat's off to you! Let us know how you do!

Posted: Fri Mar 25th, 2011 12:49 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
Doc Ce

Mana: 

Thanks to all, off to DC in the morning. Sat a.m. weather looks perfect starting in the 30's with high in the low 40's

Doc C

Posted: Sun Mar 27th, 2011 12:53 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
Doc Ce

Mana: 

Just an update. Finished the 1/2 this morning. New PR (fastest one of the 4 I've done in the last 14 months). I think I'm moving up in class - from the tortoise to the turtle. Great weather (30's) and course (cherry blossums throughout the elipse, etc.)

Doc C

Posted: Sun Mar 27th, 2011 11:24 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
fedreb

Mana: 

Congratulations Doc. As one who has trouble driving that far, let alone running it, you have my admiration. Well done.

Posted: Sun Mar 27th, 2011 02:51 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
10th Post
TimK

Mana: 

Awesome job!! I'm going to celebrate your accomplishment by toasting you with a tall, cool, adult beverage this afternoon. Seriously, those are the types of accomplishments that make life worthwhile. Testing yourself and succeeding. Way to go!

Posted: Sun Mar 27th, 2011 03:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
11th Post
Doc Ce

Mana: 

Thanks to all. Tim - post race day is the only day my wife lets me eat and drink as much as I desire. Usually - tex mex, beers.

Doc C

Posted: Thu Mar 31st, 2011 12:33 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
12th Post
Doc Ce

Mana: 

Saw Frank Shorter (said he did >100miles/wk in training, incredible) at the Mardis Gras Marathon Expo last month, Bill Rodgers last Friday at the National Marathon Expo, who's next Bill Waddle? Waddle is the main reason I've always worn a hat while running.

Doc C

Current time is 04:00 pm
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > The Lounge > Idle Chit-Chat > National DC 1/2 and Full Marathon

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1773 seconds (12% database + 88% PHP). 26 queries executed.