Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > Official Record of War of Rebellion on CD

Official Record of War of Rebellion on CD - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Mar 26th, 2011 03:45 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Albert Sailhorst

Mana: 

I am looking for the "Official Record of the War of Rebellion" (O.R's) on cd.

I need it to be searchable. I found it on Amazon.com, & my wife even ordered it for me, but we had to cancel the order because Amazon states: "To use this Cd-Rom you need Windows [Except 64 bit Windows 7 at this time] and at least a 16 speed Cd Reader or a DVD reader. Note: This Cd will not run on 64 bit operating systems at the present time."

I need it to work on a 64 bit, Windows 7 computer.....Anyone have any sugestions??

Also, 20 years ago in some CW magazine (CW Times or America's Civil War) there was an advertisment for replica 1861 West Point class rings for sale.....I can find no info on the 'net now....I'd like to know if I can order a replica ring......

Thanks, y'all!!!!

Posted: Sat Mar 26th, 2011 12:38 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Mark

Mana: 

I've tried for years to find one I like, but have never had any luck. My suggestion is to use the Making of American site from Cornell University (link below). Its the best version I've found (short of the hard copy) and its FREE. It also has the naval records. One of the best sites for Civil War fans I've found (short of this one of course)

Mark

http://dlxs2.library.cornell.edu/m/moawar/waro.html;););););)

Posted: Sat Mar 26th, 2011 10:19 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
John Bell

Mana: 

There is a version on DVD-ROM from http://www.civilwaramerica.com that might work for you.

Posted: Sat Mar 26th, 2011 11:24 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Albert Sailhorst

Mana: 

Mark_Thanks!!....I'll certainly have to play with that site!!.....I did look at it for a little bit, but really need to spend more time with it!!

John Bell_Thanks!!....Looks like I have some "shopping" to do!!!

Current time is 09:35 am
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > Official Record of War of Rebellion on CD

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1453 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 26 queries executed.