Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Storm Problems - Announcements and Notices - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Apr 27th, 2011 01:20 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Folks,

Electricity went off at 2am yesterday, just now came on (8:17 pm Tuesday). Another tornado line about to move through as I type this so expect it to go again soon. Just an ex[lanation for the lack of news today and probably tomorrow. To all in surrounding states - keep safe.

javal1

Posted: Wed Apr 27th, 2011 03:03 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Old North State

Mana: 

Your comments about storm problems suggest to me that you've been posting daily news since April 15th.  April 15th is the last news that I've been able to get.  I've tried accessing the News directly and through the CWi site.  It always comes up with April 15th as the latest news.  Do you have any suggestions as to what I might do to get the up to date postings?  The blogs and discussion groups are updated regularly.  Thank you. ONS

Posted: Thu Apr 28th, 2011 02:29 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

ONS,

You're about the 4th one to tell me of this problem. On our end, during the couple hours we had electric last night, i updated a WordPress Cache plugin that may solve it. On your end, please try clearing your cache and cookies.

It's now 9:23pm Wednesday and the electric just now came back on after going down again at 6am this am. Cannot guarantee news tomorrow since I was talking to an Electric.Co. guy a few hours ago who said they got us up tonight using temporary poles to repalce the poles that were blown down and they'd have to replace them with permanent ones tomorrrow if posssible. Over 12 inches of rain in the last 3 days is making it tough for them.

Will try to keep everyone updated via this board provided we have electricity.

Hope all are safe......javal1

P.S. - Last news you should see is the 25th.

Posted: Thu Apr 28th, 2011 03:21 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Old North State

Mana: 

Thank you.  It worked.  I've now read the news through April 25th.

Posted: Fri Apr 29th, 2011 04:10 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

How close have the storms come to you, javal?

Posted: Fri Apr 29th, 2011 01:41 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Hellcat,

Too close for comfort, but compared to the folks in MS, AL and GA, we consider ourselves lucky.

Closest funnel cloud was about 5 miles from us. We got our share of large hail, winds that hit 80 MPH, and rain that seemed like it would never stop (they're saying 12 inches in the 3 days but we measured over 15). I guess the worst part of it was going through it in the dark. A little unnerving. So we lost a shed and two trees (one of which is blocking our driveway) so I guess that's not bad compared to others. Will have to get on the roof today and check for damage and debris, then get the chainsaw out to take care of the trees.

Our thoughts of course are on those just south of us in bordering states. Absolute devastation there.

Posted: Fri Apr 29th, 2011 08:22 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

Don't really have to tell me about devistation. Then again I was like eight at the time so maybe you do. But with all the storms that have been going through I had to ask even though it was some time after you orginially created the thread. Actually should have asked Wedensday night. Should probably try finding out if anyone here has fared worse than you have.

Here's hoping everyone has been fairly lucky. And to me that means unharmed by the storms.

Current time is 12:14 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1521 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 26 queries executed.