Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Tornadoes in the Civil War? - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Apr 18th, 2006 12:37 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Folks,

I'm working on on article for CWi concerning instances of tornadoes in the Civil War period. While I'm finding quite a few that hit during the period, I'm finding it amazing at how few I can find which hit either military bases or forces. As a matter of fact, so far I can find documentation of only one - that one hitting a POW camp near Sandusky, OH.

If any of you can find any reference to others, we would certainly appreciate the help. I've done a search of the OR's and other official records, but perhaps some of you are familiar with diaries, journals, etc. mentioning them. Any leads can be posted here or via e-mail to info@civilwarinteractive.com . Thanks for any help!

You have chosen to ignore Savez. click Here to view this post

Posted: Wed Apr 19th, 2006 01:57 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Savez,

It's been a decade since I read ole' Sam's book, and didn't recall that. Thanks much! I have Laurie skimming through it now looking for that part. Thanks again....

Update: Found it Savez. Great quote. Now to correlate it to a date and see if such a thing actually happened. As you probably know, ole' Sam had a tendancy to sort of stretch the truth a bit!

Last edited on Wed Apr 19th, 2006 02:07 pm by javal1

You have chosen to ignore Savez. click Here to view this post

Current time is 03:01 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3119 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 28 queries executed.