Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Hello from Easton, PA - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jul 3rd, 2011 07:08 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
katiescarlett71

Mana: 

Hello,  While doing family history research, I have found that my great great grandfather served in the 153rd PA Regiment, Company I.  He was captured at Gettysburg on July 2, 1863 and was a prisoner at Belle Isle until September when he was exchanged (paroled).

Posted: Mon Jul 4th, 2011 01:03 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Welcome Katie -

I'm from Allentown originally, also with a GGGrandfather and GG Uncle in the 153rd. Pam, also a board member from, IIRC, Boyertown, also with 153rd roots. Pretty sure there's one or two more as well. Anyway, welcome and enjoy the board.

Posted: Mon Jul 4th, 2011 11:51 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
pamc153PA

Mana: 

Hi Katie,

Yes, as Joe said, I have 153rd PA roots: my ggggg uncle was in Company C of the 153rd. He was wounded on Day 1 on Barlow (Blocher's) Knoll, and died on July 27, 1863, in a hospital in Harrisburg. His family lived for generations in Northampton County near Hellertown; I originally hail from Quakertown. Now I live in Boyertown.

Welcome to the board! The people here are full of knowledge they are generous to part with--this is a good place to be!

Pam

Posted: Mon Jul 4th, 2011 11:54 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
katiescarlett71

Mana: 

Hello Joe and Pam,

Thanks for your welcome to the forum.  I'm looking forward to reading and sharing here on this forum.  Hope everyone had a great Independence Day.

Peggy

Current time is 01:07 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3018 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 26 queries executed.