Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Intro to the Trans-Mississippi Theater - Battles and Campaigns - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Sep 1st, 2011 12:04 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
emergingcivilwar

Mana: 

Zac Cowsert, a fine young historian just posted "Civil War on the Frontier: An Introduction to the Trans-Mississippi." This is Zac’s first post with us. We are fortunate to have him.

http://www.emergingcivilwar.com

We are pushing back Kristopher White's second post on the “Bombardment and Looting of Fredericksburg”, until Friday.

Chris Macksowski will have a post shortly, discussing the influence of the Battle of Gettysburg and the strange places it shows up.

Posted: Thu Sep 1st, 2011 09:31 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
TimK

Mana: 

I have to admit there is far more that I don't know about the American Civil War than there is that I know. I knew a little bit about the Trans-Mississippi because of visits to Wilson's Creek and Pea Ridge, but for some reason this theater never captured my attention like the two "major" theaters. As well as ignorant, I'm also a little shallow, so it wasn't until I watched "Ride With The Devil" a couple months ago that my my interest really grew concerning the Trans-Mississippi. Now I can't wait until I have a chance to go back and visit Missouri and Arkansas with a little more understanding and enthusiasm.

I enjoyed Mr. Cowsert's post in this blog and look forward to learning more. Thanks!

Posted: Fri Sep 2nd, 2011 10:05 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
emergingcivilwar

Mana: 

Thanks for stopping and checking it out. My area is the Eastern Theater. I know very little about the Trans-Mississippi myself. Really excited to have somebody who knows a great deal about it.

We try to have diverse authors who have knowledge in a wide array of fields.

Glad you enjoyed.

Current time is 01:05 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3023 seconds (12% database + 88% PHP). 25 queries executed.