Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Why???? - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
You have chosen to ignore Savez. click Here to view this post

Posted: Thu May 3rd, 2012 08:33 pm

2nd Post
Old Blu

Mana: 

Savez wrote: I can't figure out why this discussion board can't quite get off the ground. The other well known civil war discussion site is almost "real time" discussion. There are some very knowledgeable people here and I would like to see this board take off. The other site has become a mud pit of self righteous mods. When someone new comes here and sees that the latest discussion is two or three days old, they rarely come back. What gives?

I guess everyone is busy. Same thing is happening over on CWDG.  But all those guys and gals over there thay know each other, ect., and the mostly talk about Gettysburg.

Armchairgeneral is not too bad.

Posted: Fri May 4th, 2012 12:50 am

3rd Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

This is just a guess. This site is well known for its excellent and challenging Civil War Trivia Game. When that is going full blast, it may attract many more viewers here. Right now, the game is temporarily in hiatus.

It is a pity more folks don't post here. There are so many valuable features here such as daily Civil War-related news and even quirky features such as Civil War recipes.

Another thing, just because lots of people don't post, doesn't mean lots of people don't come here and "lurk". I often come and read posts, but don't post myself. This is especially true if a topic being discussed is a facet of the Civil War with which I have little familiarity. Or it is too narrow a topic such as "Company "A", 7th Texas Infantry Regiment, Granbury's Brigade, Cleburne's Division, Cheatham's Corps, Army of Tennessee.

Posted: Fri May 4th, 2012 01:14 am

4th Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

CleburneFan wrote:

Another thing, just because lots of people don't post, doesn't mean lots of people don't come here and "lurk".

Amen to that. I have periods where I post a lot and then periods where I do nothing but lurk. I'm lazy and don't often log out so it seems like I'm here whether I am or not.

Last edited on Fri May 4th, 2012 01:15 am by Hellcat

Posted: Fri May 4th, 2012 01:35 pm

6th Post
HankC

Mana: 

i believe 'recent' topics age out after 7 days and there are currently 7 active topics.

seems a good number to keep up with...

Posted: Sun May 6th, 2012 01:16 am

7th Post
pamc153PA

Mana: 

I often just lurk because I don't have time to really post anything, except for on the weekends, and in the summer (I'm a teacher, usually I'm in bed by 9:30 because I get up at 5!). I do check here just about every day. I don't post much on the other discussion board I'm on, either, for the same reason; that one, I do more PM-ing with a couple friends than anything. This was the first board I joined after I became interested in the CW, and so I still have a soft spot for it, and really appreciate some of the insight and information here. I'm still around, just quiet! :)

Posted: Mon May 7th, 2012 01:27 pm

9th Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

This is probably small comfort to you, but the message board here is the only one about the Civil War that I follow. I like the folks here, so this is like a comfortable neighborhood for me.

Posted: Fri May 25th, 2012 02:24 pm

11th Post
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

Savez, you were not banned. You left. You will be asked for sources here as well and you will be held just as accountable by the owner if not more so.

Posted: Fri May 25th, 2012 05:10 pm

12th Post
borderuffian

Mana: 

Johan Steele wrote: Savez, you were not banned. You left. You will be asked for sources here as well and you will be held just as accountable by the owner if not more so.

You are well known for NOT providing sources, so why instruct others?

Posted: Fri May 25th, 2012 07:15 pm

13th Post
HankC

Mana: 

Johan Steele wrote: Savez, you were not banned. You left. You will be asked for sources here as well and you will be held just as accountable by the owner if not more so.

it's probably just me, but seems like Johan has been 'away' for a bit.

if so, re-greetings...

Posted: Fri May 25th, 2012 11:53 pm

14th Post
Albert Sailhorst

Mana: 

HEY-YA, Johann!!....Glad to see ya!!.....Will we run into each other at reenactments this year??.....Hope all is well, Pard!!

Posted: Wed May 30th, 2012 12:49 pm

15th Post
borderuffian

Mana: 

Savez wrote: The other site has become a mud pit of self righteous mods....

Mud pit...

Yeah, that's what happens when people with extreme views are appointed as moderator.  They have 6 or 7 mods - most of which hold extreme Unionist views.  Anyone who has an opinion contrary to theirs is either stupid, a fool, or worse (neo-nazi, kkk).  One of the mods was so disgusted with the situation that he quit.

Posted: Sat Jun 2nd, 2012 12:42 pm

16th Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

Savez, bull.  I've never been asked for a source and not provided one.  In the particular case you reference you didn't care for the source and Battalion & you both went so far as to ridicule it.   You were not banned from CWT and know it.

Last edited on Sat Jun 2nd, 2012 12:48 pm by Johan Steele

Posted: Sat Jun 2nd, 2012 12:43 pm

17th Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

Battalion, what mod left?  Because you're making things up again.

Posted: Sat Jun 2nd, 2012 12:47 pm

18th Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

Hank, Albert I can't log into the site through my work laptop and I'm on the road a lot lately. So I read but don't post very often.

I get a little aggravated when I see someone claiming they were banned, when I know they weren't. Or running down another site. Seems to lack class.

Posted: Sat Jun 2nd, 2012 05:15 pm

19th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

"Or running down another site. Seems to lack class."

I happen to agree. You folks wish to bad talk another site, please do it somewhere else.

Current time is 08:18 pmPage:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4330 seconds (12% database + 88% PHP). 42 queries executed.