Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ISO - Florida Rangers (Union) - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon May 21st, 2012 06:45 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
KenH

Mana: 

In researching my historical novel I've come across references to the Florida Rangers, a unit made up of Unionist refugees who had made it to Useppa Island in Charlotte habor under Union Navy protection, as well as Unionist lay outs from the Peace River valley.

From the state archives, I have on order the muster-in rolls of two company-sized groups:  1st Battalion Florida Rangers [infantry] an the 2nd Regiment Florida Rangers [infantry].  The units were mustered 1863, and in 1864 they were incorporated into the 2nd Florida Cavalry.  The Rangers participated in several actions in and around the Myacca and Peace Rivers and Fort Myers.

I'm looking for more detail information, with an eye to creating a reenactment group (I live in For Myers).  Details like uniform (if any) or unit designators such as colored sashes, hat cords, badges, etc.  Also any more details of the unit's history...

Thanx in advance.

You have chosen to ignore Savez. click Here to view this post

Posted: Tue May 22nd, 2012 01:25 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
KenH

Mana: 

Thanx Savez;  I'll drop him a note.

Current time is 04:05 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1385 seconds (15% database + 85% PHP). 28 queries executed.