Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Lookie Who's Back! - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Aug 24th, 2012 02:22 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

Hello Civil War World,

I thought I'd mosey on back here and see what was up with the Civil War World. The older members will probably remember me, and the new guys wont have a clue who I am. So guess what, I'm all grown up now. haha!! Truly I am and I have become quite active in my community. I don't know if any of you guys heard about the Confederate Statue that got knocked over in Reidsville, NC, or the HPAC or the Historical Preservation Action Committee that is fighting to get it back up. If you did, I'm one of the original founding members of the group and I am quite proud of it. I have had my moments on the local news and spread the news about this where ever I can. We never can seem to have to much support on this issue.

I am also in Mortuary School. Yeah I know I was on the fast track to law school but I found that to be to boring and way to long for me. I prefer something more hands on. The only problem is, at such a young age, and being a female I get a lot of crap from other people for wanting to do this. Apparently everyone thinks this is a "man's job". I disagree. Its also incredibly hard trying to get a funeral home interested enough in you so that they want you for their apprentice. I truly believe that is the hardest part of all. So, enough about me. What is up with all you guys?? I'm hoping to see some familiar "faces" in this crowd LOL.....:P

Posted: Fri Aug 24th, 2012 01:37 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Mark

Mana: 

Well, it definitely provides job security! Welcome back.

Mark

Posted: Sat Aug 25th, 2012 11:23 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

Welcome back. I definitely remember you.

Posted: Thu Aug 30th, 2012 12:13 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

Hey Cleburne, How have ya been?? Its definitely been a while since I visited this old haunt lol. These days I spend more time around funeral homes and cemetery's than I do computers.

Haha Mark, you are right there. Its a service people are just dying to use!! Ok ok bad joke I know. I have a ton of them though. Though I must admit nothing is more satisfyingly funny than spooking a funeral director. That is harder to do than it sounds btw. The guy I spooked is always on guard now when I come around.

Posted: Thu Aug 30th, 2012 12:13 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

Last edited on Thu Aug 30th, 2012 12:13 am by Dixie Girl

Posted: Tue Oct 30th, 2012 08:21 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
Darryl

Mana: 

dixie girl don't let them discourage you we have quite a few ladies in that busiuness up here in Ohio. some in partnership of the business with their husbands and a couple I know who own their businesses.

Current time is 09:04 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3163 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 26 queries executed.