Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

heart breaking at shiloh. - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Sep 20th, 2012 10:49 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
cheryl morgan

Mana: 

Hello, I stumbled upon this and couldn't wait to share it with y'all the small 3 1/2 min. video actually brought tears to my eyes! http://youtu.be/B2icTmk2Cyo

Posted: Fri Sep 21st, 2012 02:31 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

The photos show that both Union and Confederate fought and died at Shiloh but the song's lyrics were heavily weighted toward the Confederate sacrifice at Shiloh.

Among other things, the singer refers to the "tyranny" the Confederates were fighting against and how they fought for their flag. There is no mention of the tyranny of slavery against which the Union armies were fighting.

I did enjoy the photos of Shiloh and the wording that accompanies the photos. The song had a pleasant melody. I just wish the lyrics dealt equally with both sides who valiantly fought and died at that battle. Both sides believed in their cause.

Posted: Fri Sep 21st, 2012 04:29 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
cheryl morgan

Mana: 

I understand.

Last edited on Fri Sep 28th, 2012 12:13 am by cheryl morgan

Posted: Sat Sep 22nd, 2012 02:08 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
MildMan
Banned

Mana: 

I too noticed the lyric, "tyranny". Twisted history. Confederates didn't pursue a legal separation. South Carolinians fired on ft sumpter and forced other southern states to pick sides. The tyranny the confederates rebelled against was the right to EXPAND slavery to new territories. Hmmm.

Current time is 05:24 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3302 seconds (16% database + 84% PHP). 26 queries executed.