Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > How many men died in the Battle of Gettysburg?

How many men died in the Battle of Gettysburg? - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Nov 17th, 2012 01:14 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
American Hollar

Mana: 

A local historian songwriter guy has been teaching me about the Civil War in songs. I am playing show with him and harmonizing to his vocals. He has like, 10 songs that tell the story of the Battle of Gettysburg beginning at the Wrightsville Bridge. Ok, so all of the things I leanred in Scouts when we would go to Gettysburg and see Devil's Den etc, and hike the Battlefield....I must have forgotten because I feel like I am getting a real history lesson.

He says that Nearly 150 years ago, the GREATEST CONFLICT to EVER TAKE PLACE on North American soil, the Battle of Gettysburg, happened, costing Americans as many lives in three days than the entire Viet nam War would claim. This is my tribute to our history.

So how many men died in the three days? How many died in Viet Nam?

Posted: Sun Nov 18th, 2012 01:40 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
fedreb

Mana: 

Total casualties for Gettysburg was approx 53,000 of which some 7,700 died during the fighting.
There are 58,195 names on the Vietnam memorial wall in Washingtonl

Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2012 02:05 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
American Hollar

Mana: 

THANK YOU!

Current time is 02:35 pm
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > How many men died in the Battle of Gettysburg?

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3075 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 25 queries executed.