Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Hello! - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jul 3rd, 2006 12:52 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
since1845

Mana: 

Hi!
My name is Sarah Adler, and I am currently 14 years old.  I live right outside of Gettysburg.  I am very lucky in this respect.

I've been interested in history for as long as I remember.  But I only recently (about two years ago) fell in love with the American Civil War, specifically the Battle of Gettysburg.

I believe the reason for this is my 8th grade history teacher is an amazing man who taught the subject very well and happens to be a licensed tour guide.  My class even went on an 11-mile march to McMillian Woods, where we camped out.  It was a wonderful experience and I learned so much about Gettysburg.

I am currently working with that teacher to plan next year's march.  Whenever capable, I walk the battlefields or through town.  Sadly, that's not nearly often enough.  Also, I recently decided that I would like to become a licensed battlefield tour guide when I'm 18 (will be a great way to spend my summers) so I am starting to study for that.

Anyway, this looks like a great forum.  I hope to learn a lot from all of you!

-- SA

Posted: Mon Jul 3rd, 2006 06:46 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
susansweet2

Mana: 

Welcome Sarah  Glad to have you join us . 

Posted: Mon Jul 3rd, 2006 01:09 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Welcome to the board Sarah! It's amazing how many of us got interested in the war from a field trip in school. Hope you enjoy the discussion board.

Current time is 01:13 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2805 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 26 queries executed.