Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

New Member from Arkansas - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Aug 12th, 2006 03:41 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
James Longstreet

Mana: 

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site, and I was just browsing through and noticed these introduction posts so I though I'd put on on here as well.  I'm from Arkansas, not far from Memphis or Little Rock, but still in the hills; so I'm a Southerner.  One of my great grandfathers was Jacob King, in a North Carolina regiment that fought in General Lee's army of Northern Virginia.  He survived the war, surrendered with Lee at Appomattox, then headed west to Arkansas and became a baptist minister.  Another grandfather served in the 15th Arkansas and fought at Shiloh, then was killed later in the war.  With that said, I have strong ties to the Confederacy.  I have made a few posts so far, and I'm really hitting it off with the other members.(Not really)  Haha, I spend a lot of time defending General Lee and Forrest; it's probably very irritating to the Yankees on this website, so I apologize for offending anyone.  But I really love this site, and these people know a LOT about the Civil War.  It's good to finally get to talk about battles and leaders and history and not be boring the other person out of their mind.

Thanks, Casey

Posted: Sat Aug 12th, 2006 09:58 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Kent Nielsen

Mana: 

Hi Casey and Welcome.:)

Posted: Tue Aug 15th, 2006 02:14 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
David White

Mana: 

;)  Well you've definitely caused a stir and it has been interesting.  Welcome!

Indiana and Arkansas haven't had such titanic struggles as this since 1861-5.

Posted: Tue Aug 15th, 2006 04:59 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
James Longstreet

Mana: 

Hey, thanks for the responses, guys.  Haha, and David, I think you're right.  There are probably times when I should just keep quiet and try not to make people mad.

Current time is 03:29 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1448 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 25 queries executed.