Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

New to the Group - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Aug 17th, 2006 01:46 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
46th Georgia

Mana: 

Good Morning,

Hi, my name is Will Barnes from Columbus, GA. I have been reading some of the discussions for a while and I decided to get off the side lines and join the game. I have 11 identified ancestors from both sides that fought. (I used the word identified, family stories and rumors are just that until I have it in black & white.) I really enjoy reading and learning about the Civil War. To me its very relaxing to read a book about the war or to walk on a battlefield (big or small). I am also the president of the Chattahoochee Valley Area Civil War Roundtable here in Columbus

I look forward to the dicsussions about the war with you all and learning new facts that I was not aware of. 

Will Barnes

Posted: Thu Aug 17th, 2006 02:53 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
David White

Mana: 

Welcome Will, my son just got back from your neck of the woods last month, where he learned to jump out of perfectly good airplanes.

From what he says, I should be offering condolences for where you live, even if they do have a very good CW museum there.

Posted: Thu Aug 17th, 2006 04:15 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
James Longstreet

Mana: 

Welcome Will, Georgia has some beautiful country.

Posted: Thu Aug 17th, 2006 05:51 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
46th Georgia

Mana: 

Thanks David.  You son is right, I was born and raised in Columbus and I feel that there is a lot of missed opportunity for business and things to do here as compared to cities of similar size. If you look around you would never believe that one of the last battles of the war east of the Mississippi was fought here.  There are a few markers, but that's about it.

Will

Posted: Fri Aug 18th, 2006 06:54 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Will Welcome I am the program chairman for the Orange Country Round Table here in California .  Would love to know how you book speakers etc. 

Posted: Fri Aug 18th, 2006 01:21 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
46th Georgia

Mana: 

susansweet wrote: Will Welcome I am the program chairman for the Orange Country Round Table here in California .  Would love to know how you book speakers etc. 
Hi and thank you.  Our group is very small and funds are very limited, we only have 10 members.  I would say that 98% of our programs are done by the members.  occasionally, we have a guest speaker, but its usually someone (around Georgia or Alabama) who could drive in to Columbus, maybe stay over night, but usually could drive back home that same night. We're small but we have a good time learning. 

Posted: Sun Oct 29th, 2006 09:24 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
rmagg53

Mana: 

Hi Will . Iam a member of the stillwater round table in troy ohio.Enjoy it very much.My son trained in ft. bennings 3 years ago. i have been reserching 2 ancestors that served in civil war.one in co.f 88th. IN. was wounded at utoy creek aug.8 1864. Know any good books on that battle? 

Current time is 09:10 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1579 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 26 queries executed.