Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

New Civil War photos! - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2006 03:48 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
VirtualCivilWar
Member - Photographer

Mana: 

Hey guys,

I just got back from a 9 day vacation and posted my shots on my site, http://www.virtualcivilwar.com  Feel free to check them out if you like.  I went to Charleston, Savannah, (my first time to these locations), Richmond, Fredericksburg, Antietam & Harper's Ferry. 

The photos can also be found on this direct link:

http://www.mikelynaugh.com/vacation

Let me know what you think!

Mike

Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2006 02:59 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
David White

Mana: 

Mike:

Great shots again I've been linking your site for folks that want to see the battlefields today, no one tops your clarity and eye.

Just one request, more Kristie and less Mike ;)

Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2006 08:54 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Just one request, more Kristie and less Mike ;)

Seconded .... :cool: ;)

Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2006 10:39 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
VirtualCivilWar
Member - Photographer

Mana: 

Thank you guys....I try to stay out of the photos, but the only way she lets me photograph her is if I agree to stand there too :)  I guess I don't have to post those though huh?  lol

Thank you very much for the nice compliments David, I really appreciate them!

Mike

Posted: Tue Oct 17th, 2006 02:54 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

Great Pics My favorite is the one of the Cannon In front of Dunker Church in the fog awsome like calm beore the storm.

Posted: Tue Oct 17th, 2006 05:34 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
Art B.

Mana: 

Very nice photos, Mike. When work becomes a bother, I can travel vicariously through other folks' photos! I've not made it to Savannah or Harper's Ferry yet. Think I've got one more big trip left in me, western theater tour in the planning stages for 2008, probably near 2,800-3,000 miles. Hope my van agrees!

Art B. in Tampa, FL

Posted: Tue Oct 17th, 2006 08:03 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
MAubrecht

Mana: 

Mike! I didn't know you were visiting. I live 8 miles from the Jackson Shrine... Next time you and your lovely wife are in town - let me know and we'll have you over for coffee. BTW: Great shots as usual.

Posted: Tue Oct 17th, 2006 10:51 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
Ulysses

Mana: 

Mike...My wife & I were in Charlestown up to 10/3.  It is one of our favorite spots! I am really a fan of your work  and you just keep getting better!  Thanks again for sharing with the rest of us.....Ulysses

Posted: Wed Oct 18th, 2006 01:49 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
Kent Nielsen

Mana: 

Those are good photos Mike. I was in Charleston and, briefly, Savannah, with family last fall. Those photos are a good reminder of what I saw and what I missed. Thanks

Last edited on Wed Oct 18th, 2006 01:50 am by Kent Nielsen

Posted: Wed Oct 18th, 2006 02:12 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
10th Post
VirtualCivilWar
Member - Photographer

Mana: 

Thank you very much to everyone for the compliments.  Hey Mike, next summer we hope to be living in Richmond or Fredericksburg, so we will definetly take you up on that offer!  And, Ulysses, thank you again for your nice comments.  We loved Charleston, it was our first trip there, but definetly not our last!

Younglobo, thanks, it was so cool there that morning.  It was as we were on our way to Charleston, and it was so foggy I had to stop by the battlefield and see if it was foggy there too.  Luckily it was!

Art, have a blast!  We just racked up 2600 miles on our 9 days, it was a lot of time on our butts in that car, but it was worth it!

And Kent, I'm glad you liked them too!  I am guessing it's nice in Charleston during anytime of the year, but I have to say the weather was just about perfect when we were there, the fall is great!

Mike

Posted: Wed Oct 18th, 2006 01:05 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
11th Post
MAubrecht

Mana: 

Great. Fredericksburg is CW paradise and we love living here!

Posted: Fri Oct 20th, 2006 06:11 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
12th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

I have the same problem , an older now van and I need to do the whole of Tennessee .  I am in California.  I am hoping either this spring or next year.  I just got back from two weeks in South Carolina with a side trip to North Caroline to Bentonville . 

If you get a chance go to Florence South Carolina.  There is a city museum there that has a great Civil War relic room.  Small but very nicely done with great collection of relics. The school where Timrod taught is right on the grounds also.   Then the National cemetery has the grave of the first woman buried in a national cemetery .  She was a prisoner at the Florence Stockade. 

The Friends of the Florence Stockade  are working hard to buy property and restore the area to what was there at the time of the Civil War.  We wandered around trying to find it and found out later we were right inthe middle of the stockade.  Or at least where it had been.    I emailed a member and had a great conversation later on the phone about what they are trying to do there.  Really nice people. 

Confederate Relic Room in Columbia and the Quaker Cemetery in Camden where Richard Kirkland is buried are my two most impressive sights besides the Hunley of course.  Richard Kirkland's grave had two real canteens hanging on the sides of the headstone.  I stood there and cried. 

Mike I loved your photos.  Great job as usual. Thanks for sharing them.

Posted: Fri Oct 20th, 2006 06:14 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
13th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

How funny we were all in Charleston about the same time.  I was in South Carolina for two weeks til Oct 8th.  When I went to thre Hunley I ran into a friend from Civil War community in Los Angeles /Orange county area. 

Posted: Sat Dec 9th, 2006 02:01 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
14th Post
bucktail

Mana: 

Great photos!!  I enjoyed Burnside Bridge angles that you captured!!!

Posted: Sat Dec 9th, 2006 02:02 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
15th Post
bucktail

Mana: 

Mike,
I am in Buffalo quite often.  I live in Bradford Pa, about an hour and half from Buffalo

Current time is 12:44 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2151 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 26 queries executed.