Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Missouri has arrived! - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Apr 1st, 2007 03:06 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
missourianconfederate

Mana: 

Howdy y'all.

I'm a reenactor from Missouri. I'm with the 3rd Missouri Infantry CSA. I'm rather new...and currently the youngest one in my unit at 19. I still have my modern glasses which is the only farbish thing I wear got my GGGGgrandmas old specticles to fix up so that should end my farbish ways...

I'm from a pro-southern family. My GGGGGrandpa rode with William Quantrill in the Burning of Lawrence. My GGGGUncle fought for the 1st and 4th Consolidated Missouri Infantry. I had many other family members in the War too.

I'm a GGGGnephew of Daniel Boone. (I have documentation. Just in case y'all call me a lair).

I love the Civil War...oviously... My speacility is Border War (Bleeding Kansas).

My favorite generals are Robert E. Lee, Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, William Cockrell, and Sterling Price.

I love listening to other people's opinons or facts. I love to chat... I like to argue a lot about the Border War..due to the fact the Winner ALWAYS tells the story.

Most people tend to think the Confederates were bad. Both sides where both good and evil. Just depends how you where raised. My step dad is from an all northern family and my bio-dad and mom where all pro-southern.

Your obident servant,

-Missourianconfederate-

P.S. Don't blame me when they run out of treats now..

Looking forward to fight you yankees and fighting along side my brothers in arms!

Posted: Sun Apr 1st, 2007 05:49 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Steven Cone

Mana: 

Welcome to the board.

Ahhh William Cockrell - Missouri Brigade  A fine group of Lads. 

Being that your in the the 3rd Mo. Infantry  .. have you heard or read anything about Chaplain Edward McKendree Bounds of the 3rd Mo?

Chaplain E. M. Bounds  was kinda a short stature of a man about 5'3" and always carried a big knapsack to releave some of the burdans of the men in the ranks. I believe it was at the Battle of Franklin were one of the Irish lads  in the brigade  said "look at the wee little man attached to that huge knapsack."  Also  at the Battle of Franklin . Chaplain bounds tried  to  call  those to christ that he could as the men in Cockrell's brigade  and went into the battle  walking backwards.    While tending to  a man who had been wounded near the works Chaplain Bounds  was wounded and captured.. 

I wont go into all of his life  but will just say he was truly amazing god fearing man and wrote like 20 books on prayer.

I found out about him from a close friend of mine David Fraley who is the historian and assistant curator at the Carter House Museum in Franklin, Tennessee.

I cant find my book on the chaplain right now  But its E.M. Bounds (Men of Faith) by Darrel D. King  its a wonderful read and I highly recomend it.

Kindest Regards,
Steven Cone
Re enactor, Historian and Battlefield Preservationist

Last edited on Sun Apr 1st, 2007 05:56 am by Steven Cone

Posted: Sun Apr 1st, 2007 11:20 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Widow

Mana: 

Howdy, MoConfed,

It's good to see a young person in here.  You have Civil War DNA from both sides, so I guess you had no choice but to start young.

You'll find some good reading in here.  Don't be shy about posting your thoughts to us older fogies.  There's so much to learn, and we learn from each other.

Welcome, and have fun!

Patty (Widow)

Posted: Sun Apr 1st, 2007 03:22 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

Steven Cone wrote: Welcome to the board.

Ahhh William Cockrell - Missouri Brigade  A fine group of Lads. 

Being that your in the the 3rd Mo. Infantry  .. have you heard or read anything about Chaplain Edward McKendree Bounds of the 3rd Mo?

Chaplain E. M. Bounds  was kinda a short stature of a man about 5'3" and always carried a big knapsack to releave some of the burdans of the men in the ranks. I believe it was at the Battle of Franklin were one of the Irish lads  in the brigade  said "look at the wee little man attached to that huge knapsack."  Also  at the Battle of Franklin . Chaplain bounds tried  to  call  those to christ that he could as the men in Cockrell's brigade  and went into the battle  walking backwards.    While tending to  a man who had been wounded near the works Chaplain Bounds  was wounded and captured.. 

I wont go into all of his life  but will just say he was truly amazing god fearing man and wrote like 20 books on prayer.

I found out about him from a close friend of mine David Fraley who is the historian and assistant curator at the Carter House Museum in Franklin, Tennessee.

I cant find my book on the chaplain right now  But its E.M. Bounds (Men of Faith) by Darrel D. King  its a wonderful read and I highly recomend it.

Kindest Regards,
Steven Cone
Re enactor, Historian and Battlefield Preservationist

I can only echo Steve's endorsement of the work... actually he may have been the one who told me about it. 

SAee you on the other end of the firing line.

Posted: Sun Apr 1st, 2007 04:03 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
missourianconfederate

Mana: 

Actually yes I have read about Chaplain E. M. Bounds . I kinda speacilize in the Missourian battles and such.

I figure if your going to reenact as the Unit you best god damn know about the unit and all who was in it. My GGGGUncle Henry Clay Walker fought for the 1st and 4th Cons. But was originally in the 3rd for a little bit.

I think its kinda funny how like 50-76% of the Missourian Confederates has shotguns.

But ya.. I won't be to timid around y'all...

Thanks for the welcoming commitee ment to post a month ago..but meh...

Your obident servant,

Pvt. Benjamin (Missourian Confederate)

3rd MO Inf.,CSA

Posted: Sun Apr 1st, 2007 06:08 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
Steven Cone

Mana: 

I can only echo Steve's endorsement of the work... actually he may have been the one who told me about it. 
I believe it was me  Johan  :D  and am so  glad you have enjoyed his work,     

He is also largely responsible for the known  Missouri  dead in Carnton  the Confederate Cemetery in Franklin. 

As he help identify the boys as they were buried.   One of his prized possesions in his wallet as passed on to rest under the shade of the trees in the afterlife. was a listing of of all those brave  and gallant Mo. Lads who were Killed at Franklin.  He never forgot his his boys.

Still searching for my copy of  my book :?

Last edited on Sun Apr 1st, 2007 06:12 pm by Steven Cone

Posted: Mon Apr 2nd, 2007 05:43 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

MOCONFED

From one Missouri boy to another howdy. Good to find another fellow bushwaker. Bet we have walked some of the same ground I ride with Shelby's 5th MO. We need to get together sometime at a western event smoke a cigar and tell some lies.

Posted: Tue Apr 3rd, 2007 04:00 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
missourianconfederate

Mana: 

Younglobo.

I plan to be at Mahaffie Station. And ya I'd smoke a cigar with ya.. I pefer a pipe but meh.

Good ole General Shelby the Undefeated General.

Well I hope to see ya on the field. I'm in the 3rd Missouri Infantry under Captain Mike Garand (Can't spell his name) But ya.. I should be pretty active this year.

Posted: Tue Apr 3rd, 2007 08:38 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

MO.Confed.

Shelby's is gonna be at Mahaffie too so I plan on being there, I ride a Sorrel  horse and am a tall lanky guy answer to Mike or suppers on which ever comes first. Come on over to the CO. command tent usually sitting under a big Fly in front of it Cigars or pipe fixins ( I have a really cool Mershum , hope i spelled that right ) are on me.

Posted: Wed Apr 4th, 2007 02:48 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
10th Post
missourianconfederate

Mana: 

Alright I'll look for ya. I'm short and I been trying to get my specticles fixed so I don't have modern ones on.. But ya.. my pipe is one of those 5 dollar ones from james country hehe..

But ya.. I'll look for ya..

I'm going out there early to help set up and all so just yell Ben, Benji, Benjamin, OR Benny Lee and I come running. LOL

See ya at Mahaffie!

Posted: Fri Aug 31st, 2007 07:06 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
11th Post
traygreen

Mana: 

We plan on stopping at Mahaffie in 2008 and are looking to make connections with some reenactor groups to meet with us.

The groups we take are usually fairly small and are primarily amatuer historians.

You can get information on what we are doing at ... http://www.abandofgamers.com/2008BorderWars.html

Current time is 06:02 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3681 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 26 queries executed.