Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Umm... I forgot! - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Apr 17th, 2007 03:50 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

We've been doing this website for 11 years and have had trivia from the start. Today, for the first time ever, I just plain forgot to do trivia!!

I woke up at 3am thinking it was Monday for some reason (there's no trivia Monday's). Finished doing the taxes, then finished watching the review copy of Sherman's March and started a review. Put together a slide show for it. Spent some time trying to come up with a new design for the homepage, and remembered I hadn't checked my e-mail for hours. Lo and behold, a mass of e-mail asking why no trivia! Ran back to Laurie and asked what day it was. She looked at me like I was nuts and said Tuesday. So you want to know why there's no trivia today? Because I'm an idiot  :shock: :?

Posted: Tue Apr 17th, 2007 04:14 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Fuller
E Pluribus Unum

Mana: 

You know what made me laugh the hardest?...

Finished doing the taxes:D:D:D

Nothin like waitin til the last minute!  Well I am right there with you.  If I have to end up writing a check, then it will be a last minute deal.  Ughhhh.

Fuller

Posted: Tue Apr 17th, 2007 04:37 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Joe  glad to know that it was just a forgot to do it and that nothing had happened at the homesite again.  I think most of us will live one day without trivia.   Of course I may have withdrawal later today.  lol. 

Posted: Tue Apr 17th, 2007 05:04 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Speaking of taxes, this could affect some of you...

IRS Gives April 16 Storm Victims Additional 48 Hours to File Income Tax Returns
IR-2007-89, April 16, 2007

WASHINGTON — Victims of the major storm affecting several Northeastern states on Monday, April 16 will have two additional days to file their tax returns beyond the April 17 tax deadline, the Internal Revenue Service announced today.

Taxpayers directly impacted by the storm have until midnight April 19 to meet their tax filing obligations without incurring late filing and payment penalties.

Across the Northeast, there have been power outages and public transportation problems making it difficult in some cases, if not impossible, for some taxpayers and tax professionals to meet the April 17 filing deadline.

“Because this unusually forceful storm hit within 24 hours of the filing deadline, we are giving affected taxpayers 48 additional hours,” IRS Commissioner Mark W. Everson said.

Affected taxpayers can mark their paper tax returns with the words “April 16 Storm.” Taxpayers who e-file their returns can use their software’s “disaster” feature, if available.

Taxpayers can keep up to date by visiting the IRS.gov Web site and clicking on “Newsroom.”

Posted: Sat Apr 21st, 2007 12:43 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
SamGrant

Mana: 

You also forgot about the NFL football contest.  Who was the winner?

Posted: Sat Apr 21st, 2007 01:32 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Sam,

Now you have me in a panic. I know who I awarded the prize to, but after you posted this I went back to look at the contestants, and I think I may have been in error. Give me a day to try to find some mail receipts. I can assure you if I was in error, the "real" winner will get a prize as well. I'm pretty sure David W. got the college prize (right DW?) Anyway, give me a day to check things and I'll get to the bottom of it...

Current time is 10:42 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3289 seconds (12% database + 88% PHP). 27 queries executed.