Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Comings and Goings... - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2007 06:05 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

I've noticed that some us whom post regularly get in contact with each other personally when we are going to be gone from this board for a bit. 

Then, if Someone isn't contacted, that Someone contacts another person to ask, "do you know, has something happened with 'So-and-So' "?

I don't think anyone here should ever think that He/She is so inconsequential so as to not be missed if he/she is going to be gone for awhile.

So, I am going to start a thread where those of us whom do post regularly - be it by the day, week, or month - inform everyone when we are going to be gone for awhile.

So:  Starting Monday, I will most likely be gone for 9 days.

I am looking forward to catching up on the posts when I get back.

Thanks,

JoanieReb

Posted: Thu Aug 2nd, 2007 12:30 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

Well round about the middle of the month I will be in Indy for half a week... anyone want to visit the CW Monument w/ my daughter & I?  Then I'm off to spend a day in Allatoona GA, need some eyes on the area for my book.

Posted: Thu Aug 2nd, 2007 06:28 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Johan wish I could join you at the monument  but can be taking any trips east right now.  How fun to be traveling with your daughter.  How old is she?  Is this just a father /daughter trip?  Some of my favorite memories are the ones where just my dad and I  went somewhere together . 

Enjoy the time together .

Susan

Posted: Thu Aug 2nd, 2007 11:05 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

Birthday gift for the wife, she gets to spend her time in GenCon and my daughter & I can bond.

Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2007 05:59 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

I still have some serious replying to do to the Author Bias and Slavery and States Rights threads - wouldn't bring it up except that I promised and WANT TO, just need a few books and a few moments.

I'm not avoiding Y'All, just, this weekend, I lost a dog and gained a son. The dog was eleven years old in people years, she was the alpha female of our small pack, and her passing was too early and very sad. The son is seventeen in people years, and his mother has been declared unfit, his father is absent, and we have known him for a year-and-a-half, and love him. It looks like his only chance of finishing high school out is to move in with us. He is a Living Doll (WAY!!!! too much so!!!!) I'm giving it a shot....

Having put serious locks on Young Miss's bedroom door and gone out back to wow Daniel (my new "son") with my target practice, I have meaningfully asked him if he has any sort of criminal record (knowing he doesn't) only to tell him that if he touches Young Miss in a way that I don't approve of, he will....

Sigh.

Get back with you all later, after I figure out how to work this thing. Wish me luck!

Thanks,

Joanie

Last edited on Tue Dec 11th, 2007 06:11 am by JoanieReb

Current time is 03:21 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2884 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 26 queries executed.